On Friday June 9th, at Blackstone Shooting Sports ( http://www.blackstoneshooting.com/ ), there will be a Geeks With Guns event. The event would be from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM. This is a non-free event to attend. The $60 you pay provides for the following:
– Your share of the range rental fee. We set it up so that there are no more than two people per lane (one reloading, one on the firing line).
– “Unlimited” full size splatter shot targets (we buy a bunch, just don’t go wallpapering the place with them).
You are still on your own for the following:
– Transportation to/from the hotel and Blackstone, but we will make an effort to organize carpools.
– Firearms (Blackstone rents several, including high end firearms. We also like to loan each other our firearms during range time, so expect to be firing quite a few even if you only bring one!)
– Ammunition (Blackstone sells ammo)
– Hearing protection (Mandatory; Blackstone sells hearing protection as well)
In addition, as a condition of participation, you are expected to abide by ALL of the following:
– You are responsible for meeting all federal/state/local firearms laws for storage/transportation of all firearms related equipment to/from the event.
– The range has a power restriction. This means no depleted uranium rounds, no RPGs, no Ma Deuce, no elephant guns, etc. The 300 Winchester Magnum is stated by Blackstone as being the most powerful round allowed. If in doubt, please call Blackstone in advance to see if your firearm(s) are allowable.
– You will be required to listen to a safety briefing at the range before participating, even if you have already seen the safety briefing before.
– If you are deemed unfit to safely operate a firearm for ANY REASON by either Blackstone or SELF’s staff we both reserve the right to eject you from the event without refund.
We have limited spots available to prevent overcrowding of lines. First come, first serve.