Does your company have some IT spots it is looking to fill? Email us with information about the position, and we’ll put the info up here and make it available to our attendees.
Linux (preferably RedHat/CentOS) installation, configuration, management
Apache Tomcat configuration and maintenance
JBOSS 5/6 application server
Scripting (sh, bsh, csh, perl)
Storage: Cisco UCS and EMC
Security best practices
Nice to have:
Amazon cloud products (EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, ELB)
LAMP stack application
Windows Exchange/Sharepoint/server OS
DR planning, implementation, testing
Design and implement backup practices
Security – design and implement protocols
Performance tuning or monitoring
Please send resumes to Mackenzie_Brady@mindtree.com
Configuration and Release management
Linux based environment
Hands on experience with GIT
EBS code build: Promotion approaches and strategies
Administer Oracle Informatica and OBIEE
Apache Ant and Ivy
Multiple scripting languages (Python, Shell, Ruby)
Jenkins configuration and administration
Prototype and implement new technology
Nice to have:
Experience automating release process
Please send resumes to Mackenzie_Brady@mindtree.com
Local Charlotte data center looking for an entry to mid-level Linux technician with Windows Server experience to help support increased company growth. The selected candidate will be responsible for the daily operations of the data center. This includes the configuration, installation, deployment, monitoring, and troubleshooting of server hardware, operating systems, and services, resolving outages and documenting designs, processes and procedures.
We are a 24/7 365 Data Center. This position will include some weekends. Candidate must be willing to work 8-12 hours daily. A Possible 4 day work week schedule available.
– Linux experience or knowledge is a must.
– Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware (75% Linux +20% Windows + 5% other).
– Respond to email messages for customers seeking help and follow-up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved.
– Work closely with colleagues to ensure swift resolution of issues.
– Ability to work flexible hours, have a positive attitude, and possess strong customer service skills.
– Highly motivated, self-sufficient, and able to work well independently.
– Report all network troubles to the appropriate departments immediately and oversee resolution.
– The racking, cabling, relocation, decommissioning, handling of materials and servers.
– Experience working with TCP/IP, Ethernet networks and troubleshooting tools.
– Internet server protocols and utilities (DNS, SMTP, POP, IMAP, HTTP/S, TLS, S/FTP, TCP/IP, SSH, iptables).
– Working knowledge with Centos, FreeBSD, Ubuntu, Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 preferred.
– Knowledge of VMware, Xenserver a plus.
– Server Security and Hardening.
– Solid understanding of server hardware and operating systems.
– Solid understanding of shared hosting technologies and Email.
– Ability to multitask, prioritize and resolve urgent issues.
– High attention to detail.
– Ability to provide critical information in a clear, concise and quick manner and possess excellent oral & written communication skills.
– Flexibility to support 24 / 7 operations.
– Regularly walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch.
– Work in noisy areas with hotter and colder temperatures than standard office environmental conditions.
– Must have valid driver’s license and their own vehicle.
– Must be able to pass background check and drug test.
– This is a full-time position (not contract). Health and dental benefits available.
Apply Today!!!! Looking for immediate hire. Send resumes to: email@example.com
Working from our Charlotte office, the Sr Systems Engineer is a customer facing and hands on role that has strong experience with Linux and BSD (specifically CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, and FreeBSD), VMware, OpenStack, cloud, virtualization, network management, large-scale deployments and implementations in a 100+ server environment.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a diverse enterprise datacenter environment.
– Implement and maintain solutions deployed for our customer’s
– Provide engineering and design for the virtualized environments
– Create, oversee and update the existing VMware systems and related documentation
– Provide expertise and direction in the development or modification of complex software programs to enhance the cloud
– Responsible for the instruction less experienced systems engineers
– Hands-on implementation and trouble-shooting of environments
– Provide technical support to developers when required. This includes promoting the use of best practices, ensuring standardization across applications and troubleshooting issues
– Be responsive to customer needs which may sometimes require work outside of normal business hours or on-call responsibilities
– Performs configuration, debugging and support for multiple infrastructure platforms on moderately complex projects
– Performs root cause analysis for service interruption recovery; create preventative measures and present to management
– Perform engineering and roll-out implementation. Ability to present ideas and manage projects. Interface with Business Stakeholders on complex projects. Update managers on escalated issues. May operate as a team lead guiding newer associates or interns
– Perform installation, maintenance and support of system software, hardware, infrastructure and user support for moderately complex projects. May oversee this effort if acting in team lead capacity
– Maintains inventory and maintenance records on equipment and parts
– Maintain and analyze reports for storage capacity, system capacity and reliability
– Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
– Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
– A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
Knowledgeable of the configurations, programming, documentation, installation and maintenance of Linux (Ubuntu/RedHat/CentOS – Current)
– 5+ years working in a large scale, demanding IT environment
– 3+ years of experience working with VMware vCenter and vCloud
– Excellent understanding of virtual infrastructure architecture. Experience with ESXi, vSphere systems administration and support including vMotion, HA, DRS, Distributed Switches, vCenter Operations Manager, vCenter Service Manager, vCenter Configuration Manager, Site Recovery Manager
– Ability to perform critical system upgrades based on evaluation and testing and release cycle
– VCP, VTSP certifications highly desirable
– Networking knowledge and CCNA a plus
– Network Configurations – VLANs, OSPF, STP (PVST, RSTP), VRRP/HSRP
– Experience with Cisco Nexus switching fabric, Dell Blade Servers, Compellent
– Experience with Fibre Channel and Fibre Channel over Ethernet
– Understanding of shell programming (Borne shell, C shell, and/or Korne shell), knowledge of PERL and C programming; must be able to configure, program, install and administer a variety of UNIX services and server applications
– Experience with Apache, IIS, Lighttpd, nginx, MySQL, and MSSQL in high performance environments
– Full understanding of Load Balancers, Clustering, and High Availability methods
– Knowledge of NFS protocol and tuning
– Experience monitoring, maintaining, and configuring (preferably nagios/opsview)
– Experience coordination and customizing build environments
– Ability to configure and build hardware needed to support large to mid-size accounts, including internal and external disk configurations
– Ability to debug and troubleshoot operating system and application access problems
– Experience with system diagnostic tools/programs and ability to evaluate the output
– Data Center Experience
– Candidate must be able to efficiently manage multiple projects and/or end user issues/support
– Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
– Ability to maintain confidentiality
– Requires 24×7 production support and on call rotation
Desired Additional Skills:
– The preferred candidate should possess the following:
– Must be detail oriented, with demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills
– Disaster recovery planning desired
– Familiarity with ITIL and process improvement is a plus
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Excellent analytic, organization, presentation, customer service and facilitation skills
– Excellent problem solving skills; and the ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
– Job assignments may require working at client site where working conditions may vary
– Must possess extreme attention to detail, be an independent, self-motivated and self-starting worker and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining excellent performance and results
– Ability to be watchful, anticipate and act quickly with good judgment. Ability to think through complex problems, analyze and break it down into parts to resolve or perform timely escalation to higher tier resources
– Experience creating and maintaining policies and procedures for pertinent IS systems
– Travel may be required
– United States Citizenship is required
Apply today! Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org